It has been more than a year since the United Kingdom seperated from the EU.
The package of measures after the UK left the EU includes the introduction of pre-notifications for the import of plants, flowers, foodstuffs and other animal and animal by-products.
In the past year, the plants in particular had to be registered in the English PEACH system when imported into the UK. After 12 months of using the PEACH system, it is now time to use both the PEACH and the IPAFFS system.
From 1 January 2022, the obligation to pre-register all consignments with products of animal origin (POAO) and animal by-products (ABP) to IPAFFS, and all high-risk plants, plant products and foodstuffs, not of animal origin (HRFNAO ) that are categorized as ‘regulated and notifiable’ must also be pre-notified to IPAFFS or the PEACH system.
From January 1, ’22, all shipments containing the above products must be registered at least 4 hours prior to arrival in the UK. This 4 hour condition will remain in effect until at least June 30, 2022.
The following information is required for the pre-proposal:
- What type of animal product or goods you are importing (i.e. POAO, ABP, HRFNAO)
- Origin of the animal product or goods (in which country it was produced, origin)
- Commodity code (HS code) (choose from a predefined list)
- Product type (choose from a predefined list)
- Product type (can be selected from a predefined list)
- Net weight of the product (kg)
- Date of arrival in Great Britain
- Reason for importing the consignment (i.e. internal market, transit, investigation, etc.)
- Place of destination of the shipment
- Addresses and contact details of the place of origin, the importer and the place of destination
- Port of Entry data
List of goods that will be subject to regulations regarding the import of the aforementioned products from January 1, 2022.
If this information is not available, the pre-notification cannot be submitted and the shipment remains blocked. After all, the IPAFFS import (IMP) number must be added to the import declaration in box 44.
From July 1, 2022, the data required for the registration of shipments will change and additional fields will have to be filled in, as well as the provision of certificates. More information on this will be shared with you as soon as more is known about the additional specific terms.